Monday, January 11, 2010

All Darley, All Over the World

After two long night shifts with little sleep in between, I dragged myself out of bed Sunday afternoon with the inspiration of a visit to the Darley open house. I was rewarded by seeing leading sires Street Cry, Elusive Quality, Medaglia D'Oro and Offlee Wild, and promising up- and-comers like Street Sense, Hard Spun, and Any Given Saturday. The two most captivating horses to me were Bernardini, probably one of the most outstanding animals (make that mammals to include humans) I have seen, and Holy Bull, for his flea bitten grey coat and beautiful silvery tail. He looked something of a mythical creature. With wonderful creatures like these gracing the Sheikh's land, it is plain to see why Thoroughbred fans are captivated by H.R.H's global dynasty.

Henny Hughes

Medaglia D'Oro

Any Given Saturday

Street Cry

No comments:

Post a Comment