Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Foaling Feedback, Achin' For Aiken

I am posting again the Foaling Diary I wrote for "Beyond The Blinkers" at Bloodhorse.com. It has garnered a few more comments in the past couple of days, and I am still amazed by the feedback. I couldn't have even imagined people would love it this much. Thanks so much to everyone who shared their thoughts, I will keep my creative juices flowing and see what else I can come up with:

Foaling Diary at "Beyond The Blinkers"

Yesterday I followed up on a tip to The Blood-Horse and wrote a story on the injury and death of 2008 Triple Crown contender Big Truck. I have since learned more about this incident, and there will be a follow up to come on Turf Beat.

Click here to read the story on Big Truck.

This morning there was word that a horse was euthanized with symptoms of EHV at Penn National Race Course, however, EHV tests later came back negative. It was interesting for me to follow this story and post it on Bloodhorse.com:

Penn National Horse Tests Negative for EHV.

My feature for The Blood-Horse on Aiken, South Carolina came out in this week's (March 13) issue. The pictures Anne Eberhardt was able to collect are beautiful, and I think the story looks fabulous with the art. I also adore the headline, "Achin' for Aiken". It is definitely the perfect swan song to my internship at The Blood-Horse. Yes, less than two weeks left in the office, my friends.

I watched some good racing over the weekend, but if there is any one in particular to comment on, I think it is Misremembered's win in the Big Cap. I was simply mesmerized by the way he was sitty chilly at the top of the stretch and just kicked on. Although he won by just a neck over the courageous Neko Bay, I think the way he moved powerfully down the stretch while smartly stalking the pace says it all, and although Neko Bay was gaining at the wire, I'm not convinced Misremembered would have given it up had it come down to a grind. This win will only increase the popularity of red-hot sire Candy Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment