Friday, February 5, 2010

Our First Month Together

Today I have been in Kentucky for one month, and I can definitely say it's been a great month. Looking back so far I can say I've learned a lot, but the most important thing I've learned so far is that the old cliche "hard work pays off" really isn't a cliche at all. Add in very hard, dedication, loyalty, and heart, and you have a recipe for success. I am experiencing the results of that recipe now, and let me tell you, it tastes good.

On Wednesday I went to the Rood and Riddle vet lecture with a group from Lane's End. We learned about septic joints in foals, stem cell therapy, and the final lecture was from Dr. Larry Bramlage on bone chip and OCD removals. The lectures were great, and I met more really great people (that seems to be happening a lot).

We're at 14 foals at the farm now, and they're coming most nights, often in multiples. Last night a big, busy, handsome Ghostzapper colt was born.

My story on Aiken is nearing the finish line, and I have just been assigned a news feature on changes in Woodbine Entertainment and plans for the upcoming race meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment