Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Iced

Yesterday I got the opportunity to break the following story for Bloodhorse.com:


While it is unfortunate to derive success from someone else's misfortunes, the fact that I was able to do this story was a great experience for me. I had to call Ice to confirm the rumour, and then speak with both him and Dr. Jayaraman about a very sensitive subject. I believe Bloodhorse.com was the first news source to break the story, and I was complimented on my work both by my colleagues at Bloodhorse and a writer at Thoroughbred Times. The story received more than 6000 hits by the time I left the office at 3 p.m. yesterday.

I've been enjoying working on my features, but this story really put a fire under me. Let's see what happens next.

Summer Bird at Santa Anita Park, November 2009
Photo by Me

No comments:

Post a Comment