Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pieces of the Puzzle

The pieces of puzzle that is my internship at The Blood-Horse are coming together. I will be leaving Canada and arriving in Versailles, Kentucky on January 5, 2010. Over the past few weeks, I have learned that I will be contributing to magazine content including features and race reports, as well as writing stories for the website and getting feedback from editors on my work. I look forward to working in each of these capacities, but I'm particularly interested in doing some work for the website, as this is where I have the least experience. I can't wait to get some feedback on my work from some of the most respected writers and editors in the Thoroughbred industry. My hours to begin with will be Monday to Friday, 8 am to 3 pm, and will likely change according to workload and important events.

I will be living in a house owned by Lane's End Farm in downtown Versailles, with a girl my age. I will spend a couple days a week in the foaling barns there, where they will be foaling about 150 mares this year. This is many more than what I'm used to, and I look forward to all the learning opportunities that come along with those numbers.

I will be returning to Canada when my visa expires for the month of April. My plans afterward are not set in stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment