Friday, November 20, 2009

A "Wandoful" Weekend!

While I have been pulling at the bit to head to Kentucky ever since I was accepted as an intern at The Blood-Horse in August, a recent two-day visit only increased my adrenaline. On perhaps the warmest November weekend of my 21 years, I was lucky enough to attend two days of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock sale and drop into Lane's End, where I will be taking up residence for my ten week internship. The highlights of the trip included by and far seeing Wando, who looked as spectacular as ever (or perhaps more), meeting Curlin for the first time, meeting Mr. Bill Farish and Mike Cline for discussion on my stay at Lane's End, and spending hours on end looking at horses at Keeneland, a great way to tweak my eye for conformation.

Below is a photo of Wando. For more photos from Lane's End (including Curlin, Langfuhr, Candy Ride, and Rock Hard Ten) check out the new Turf Beat Picasa Album.







No comments:

Post a Comment