Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Truth About Kentucky

I would like to bring to everyone's attention a recent article written by The Blood-Horse news editor Tom LaMarra:



This article, featured on Tom's blog "At Large" on Bloodhorse.com, is a commentary on the current state of the Thoroughbred industry in Kentucky. The backdrop of the article is northern Kentucky's Turfway Park, and Tom cleverly uses Turfway stalwart Brass Hat as a "poster boy" for Kentucky racing.

This article is excellent, and in true Tom style, tells it like it is. I worked with Tom for four months earlier this year as an intern at The Blood-Horse, and I can tell you the man knows what he's talking about when it comes to racing, and more importantly, the major issues that are affecting those who work in our industry. Tom boldly targets these issues and publicizes them, and to me, that is the ultimate goal, and duty, of a turf writer: to inform the public about what is really happening with an eye towards implementing change for the better and making good things happen within the industry. This is my ultimate career goal, and I hope someday I can do it as well as Tom can.

No comments:

Post a Comment