Saturday, October 10, 2009

Why horses and journalism?

For me, the connection between horses and writing is simple. Horses invoke in me feelings of love and happiness so strong they cannot be conveyed in speech. In turn, writing allows me to communicate those emotions that would not be done justice by the spoken word. When I join the company of my beloved horses, I am hypnotized; a feeling of pure ecstasy spreads through every cell of my body, blanketing me in a feeling of warmth and comfort so pure it is like Christmas morning at home. Nothing can be wrong in this world; how can it get better than this? I reach for my pen. Let me remember this moment. Let me tell the world.

1 comment:

  1. Great descriptive writing. This is exactly how I feel, too. They are my greatest passion!
    Sasscer Hill

    ReplyDelete